Covid-19 Updates: Tier 3 Mitigation
On Tuesday, November 17, Governor Pritzker announced that the entire state of Illinois will be entering into Phase 4 Tier 3 mitigation effective Friday, November 20 at 12:01 am in an effort to slow the spread of COVID-19. These changes will have a significant impact on our recreational and fitness services. While we cannot predict what the future will bring, we remain hopeful that these mitigation efforts will help and allow us to return to operations at a fuller capacity before long. The health and well-being of our community has been and remains our priority, and is the primary factor in all decisions made about programming and facility use.
Our staff has been preparing for this change and will easily transition most programs to a virtual format for the next few weeks. Supervisors of the individual programs will be in contact with participants.
Below is a listing of updates of programs and operations
NovaCare Fitness Center: 847.388.5430
- 25% capacity per 90-minute session
- Reservations are required to use the fitness center. It is important to reserve your spot at lease 24 hours in advance
- Masks must be worn at ALL times while in the facility
- In-person group exercise classes are paused or held virtually
- Locker rooms remain closed for fitness members
- Open gym: No one on one or group play. Reservations required. One person per basketball hoop with a maximum of six in the gym
- Pickleball is allowed for one on one only. No group play. Reservations required
- Water Aerobics classes canceled
Indoor Pool: 847.388.5430
- The indoor pool will be open for lap swim only
- It is important to reserve your spot at least 24 hours in advance
- Locker rooms will remain open for swimmers only
- No family swim at this time
- Water aerobics classes are canceled
The Regent Center
The Regent Center will be closed for in-person activities. Programs and exercise classes will be held online. Contact Marissa Moravec at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns.
Big & Little Child Development Center and Learning Center
There are no changes in operation for Big & Little and Learning Center. Contact Melinda Agosto at email@example.com with any questions or concerns.
Mundelein E-Learning Hub
There are no changes in operation for Mundelein E-Learning Hub. Starting November 30 all E-Learning will move to Dunbar Recreation Center. Please contact Cheri Rehor at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns.
Youth Basketball Leagues
Basketball will be paused. League play still expected to begin in January. Please contact Matt Wells at email@example.com with any questions or concerns.
Programs including swim lessons, dance, cultural arts programs will be modified or moved to a virtual platform through the remainder of their Fall sessions. Supervisors of the individual programs will be in contact with participants.
Youth Sports programs:
Instructional programs are paused or run as private instruction. Please contact Matt Wells at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns.
All parties will be canceled or rescheduled until restrictions are lifted. Porch parties are still available.
- Room and facility rentals are not available at this time.
- Gym Rentals: Only private instruction is allowed, members of the same household can be grouped together. Participants must wear masks. Individuals must be with a private coach and each pairing must be 30 feet apart. Maximum of six people on ½ court.
We encourage residents to visit our parks regularly while practicing social distancing. Please remember to limit any groups to household members only and follow recommended safety guidelines for masks, hand washing etc.