About the Park District
Mundelein Park & Recreation District
1401 North Midlothian Rd., Mundelein, IL 60060
847.566.0650 • www.mundeleinparks.org
Established in 1954, the District has 33 park sites offering over 735 acres of open space, playgrounds, ballfields, lakes, and trails. Over 650 seasonal programs offered, including tennis and dance lessons, martial arts, softball and basketball leagues, swim instruction, art and music classes, health and wellness programs, culinary classes, adult day trips, science classes, family special events and day camps.
Mundelein Park & Recreation District is committed to connecting the community with quality recreation through diverse programs, facilities and open space.
Mundelein Community Center
The Mundelein Community Center is central hub of the park district. In addition to the registration office, The Mundelein Community Center is home to Parkview Health & Fitness, Indoor Pool, and Big & Little Development Center. Programs and events for all ages are held at the Mundelein Community Center throughout the year.
- Park View Health & Fitness – cardio equipment, free weights, indoor track, gymnasium, group exercise classes, indoor pool, whirlpool, sauna, locker rooms and showers
- Big & Little Development Center – state licensed daycare center for up to 103 children ages two to six
- Indoor Pool
Barefoot Bay Family Aquatic Center
Opened in 2006, The Barefoot Bay Family Aquatic Center enjoys 6 acres of water thrills and fun. Open from Memorial Day Weekend through Labor Day.
- Zero depth entry pool
- Two water slides
- Diving well with diving board & climbing wall
- Lazy River
Diamond Lake Rec Center
Diamond Lake Recreation Center is located on 100 acres. It includes a pristine lake, sand beach, grassy areas, and shaded picnic grove. During summer, the facility is the hub for Diamond Lake Beach, a recreational destination for swimming, boating, fishing, paddle boat and shelter rentals, special events and more.
The Diamond Lake Recreation Center is open throughout the year for fun and educational programs, including the Learning Center Preschool for ages 3 to Pre-K. Children learn in a fun, picturesque and safe environment.
- Learning Center Preschool – help develop socialization skills preparing children for kindergarten
- Diamond Lake Beach — swimming, picnic area and paddle boats
- Boat launch – motor boat launch
Dunbar Recreation Center
The Dunbar Recreation Center is a 12,000 facility built in 2018. Its sleek modern design features countless windows that take advantage of natural light and picturesque views. The Center features a gymnasium, a dance/exercise studio, two multi-purpose rooms and an instructional kitchen. The exterior has a large patio area for outside activities.
- Rec Connection before and after school for District 75
- Home for Mundelein Trails Summer camp
- Mundelein Dance and Exercise Classes
- Rental opportunities
Kracklauer Dance Studio
The Kracklauer Dance Studio is located in beautiful Kracklauer Park and home to our Mundelein Dance program.
- Classes offered include ballet, jazz, tap, creative dance and hip hop
The Regent Center, situated in Cambridge Country Park, is home to activities and programs geared to active adults ages 50+. The facility has a large room available to rent on Fridays and weekends.
- Serving the needs and interests of area residents aged 50+
- Large room available for rental (seats 110)
Steeple Chase Golf Club
The hidden gem of Lake County, Steeple Chase Golf Club is an 18 hole championship golf course designed by Ken Killian, nestled on over 200 acres. Steeple Chase Golf Club is an ideal location for your corporate or private outing. Custom packages are available.