Swim year-round at the indoor pool, (located at the Mundelein Community Center.)
Enjoy the 4-lane, 25-yard, competition-style swimming pool, a whirl pool and sauna.
Relax and enjoy the pool for lap swimming, aquatic based fitness classes, competitive training, rehab, family swim, and more. Experienced swim instructors, who utilize the most current teaching and training, lead the comprehensive swim programs available for all ages and abilities. Private lessons, swim or fitness memberships, or convenient daily fees available.
Indoor Pool Re-opening Guidelines:
There are reservation time slots available every hour. Reservation times will provide 50 minutes to swim and 10 minutes to rinse and change. Reserve your time by calling 847.388.5430.
During this time we have the following changes to our operation:
- No towel service available
- Locker rooms available to rinse off and change only
- Whirl Pool and Sauna are CLOSED
- The Indoor Pool is available for reservation for patrons 16 years of age and older. For questions, please contact the front desk at (847) 388-5430
Are you a little nervous about swim lessons during the COVID-19 outbreak? Here is an inside look at all the safeguards we are taking at Mundelein Park & Recreation District to keep you and our staff healthy while learning this very important life skill.
Mundelein Park & Recreation District offers year-round swim lessons for beginners to swimmers with advanced skills at the our indoor pool. During the summer season, swim lessons are also available at our Barefoot Bay Family Aquatic Center along with Junior Lifeguard and diving instruction. Note: Diving is not permitted at the Mundelein Community Center’s indoor pool. Questions about the program or swim levels? Call 847.388.5436
Starfish Aquatics Institue (SAI) and Starfish Swimming Programs at Mundelein Park District
SAI offers nationally-recognized swim instruction for children and adults of all ages and abilities.
Programs offered at Mundelein Park District through SAI-Certified instructors include:
- Parent/Baby (6 months/18 months)
- Parent/Tot (18 months/36 months)
- Preschool and Youth Learn to Swim (Ages 3-12)
- Stroke School (Ages 6-12) (freestyle, backstroke, butterfly and breaststroke.)
- Stroke School Teens/Adults (Ages 13+)