Keith Mione Community Park
The center of many of the Mundelein Park District’s activities, the 153-acre Keith Mione Community Park and Sports Complex offers a wide mix of amenities and activities for all ages to enjoy. The site is named after former Park District Commissioner, Keith W. Mione, who was very active in the community and loved sports.
- Community Garden: Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for information about getting your garden key.
- Ice rink for open skate, hockey and unique games such as “broomball”
Learn more about the ice rink schedule and guidelines
- Lighted ball fields for adult leagues and youth organizations
- Picnic shelter, (available for rent)
- Sled hill
Learn more about the sled hill guidelines
- Tennis court/pickleball
- Basketball court
- Barefoot Bay Family Aquatic Center
- Spray Park
- Big & Little Child Development Center
- NovaCare Fitness Center
- Indoor Pool
The site is also home to two facilities, the Mundelein Community Center, where Park District staff offices are located, as well as NovaCare Fitness Center, a full-service, community-focused health club, complete with a full-court gym, and indoor pool/track. On the east side of the site, on Dunbar Road, is Dunbar Recreation Center, complete with a gymnasium, teaching kitchen, dance studio and classrooms. This facility is also available for rent.
Year-long, the site plays host to many fun events including summertime’s Freedom Classic 5K and fall’s BOO BASH.
Keith Mione Park/Sports Complex
1461 N. Midlothian Road
Mundelein, IL 60060